A Perfect Circle is an American rock supergroup formed in 1999 by guitarist Billy Howerdel and Tool vocalist Maynard James Keenan. The original incarnation of the band also included Paz Lenchantin on bass, Troy Van Leeuwen on guitar, and Tim Alexander on drums, with Josh Freese being the band’s primary drummer after the band’s initial round of touring prior to their first album. The latest lineup features Puscifer and Ashes Divide bassist Matt McJunkins, former guitarist for The Smashing Pumpkins, James Iha. Despite having a varied cast since inception, the stylistic content of the songs has remained consistent with Howerdel as composer, and Keenan penning the lyrics and melodies.
A Perfect Circle has released three albums: Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe. A CD-DVD set, aMOTION, has also been released and contains thirteen music videos in addition to a number of song remixes created by Danny Lohner, Robert Del Naja and other artists.
The band went into hiatus in 2004. Since then band members have worked on other projects, the most notable being Keenan’s work on Tool’s 2006 album 10,000 Days and Howerdel’s founding of the band Ashes Divide. In a September 2008 interview, Keenan announced that he and Howerdel have been working on new material, officially ending the group’s hiatus. However, the band did not start to really become active until almost two years later, in September 2010, when the band announced touring and the release of new music which may or may not be in the form of a new album.” While the band has toured and worked on new music on and off, future plans on releasing new music are unclear, and no new studio recordings have been released since the band’s hiatus.
Read more about A Perfect Circle in Wikipedia
A Perfect Circle have just announced the upcoming release of the box set ‘A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo.’ The new offering will include a live CD/DVD and a bunch of other goodies including lithographs signed by vocalist Maynard James Keenan and guitarist Billy Howerdel.
A Perfect Circle has assembled a collection of unique rarities titled ‘A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo’ and will release the box set on November 26th via A Perfect Circle Entertainment. The collection is available exclusively via the band’s own storefront at with pre-orders available now.
THIS IS A PRESALE ONLY. PRODUCT TO SHIP THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 2, 2013. THIS A VERY LIMITED OFFER AND AVAILABILITY WILL BE ON FIRST SERVE BASIS.
A highly limited edition offering, A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo includes:
* Stone And Echo, a full-length DVD (with accompanying audio CD) featuring the band’s stirring Aug. 3, 2011 performance at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater
* Trifecta, a multi-disc collection featuring the band’s complete discography, Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe, recorded live during A Perfect Circle’s 2010 series of highly-coveted, and extremely limited, series of full-album performances
* Bonus tracks include live performances of “By and Down,” “Ashes to Ashes” and “Diary of a Love Song”
* Five hand selected lithographs featuring the personal signatures of both Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel on one of the selected prints
* Custom sculpted resin frame designed by the band
* A custom made guitar pick designed by Billy Howerdel and exclusive to this offering
* The collection is bound in a custom made media book containing artwork and credits
(Artwork Subject to Change)
This limited-edition box set, pictured above, will run for $149.95 and will become available on Nov. 26. The set is being offered exclusively through the bands own storefront. To pre-order ‘A Perfect Circle: Featuring Stone and Echo,’ click here.