Fleetwood Mac announce first tour with Christine McVie in 16 years

Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac – Photo Getty

Fleetwood Mac have announced their first tour with Christine McVie in 16 years.

The band will be heading out on a North American tour with McVie, who revealed that she would be rejoining the band at the beginning of the year. The 34 date tour will start in Minneapolis on September 30 and finish in Tampa on December 20.

Fleetwood Mac have also said that they will be recording a brand new album with McVie. Speaking to Maui News, Mick Fleetwood of the band said that McVie had been writing new songs for the group, and they would be recording together this month.

McVie joined the band in 1970 after marrying the group’s bassist, John McVie. She continued on with the group for the next 28 years as main songwriter, vocalist and keyboard player. She’s responsible for some of the band’s biggest hits, including ‘Say You Love Me’, ‘Don’t Stop’, ‘You Make Loving Fun’, ‘Little Lies’ and ‘Everywhere’.

Rumours surfaced last year that McVie was contemplating rejoining Fleetwood Mac, and she appeared on stage when they played London’s O2 last September to perform ‘Don’t Stop’. In an interview with The Guardian after the concerts last year, McVie said she would be “delighted” if the band were to ask her to perform with them again.

Watch: Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor, and Josh Homme’s uncut Grammys rehearsal

reznor-homme-grohl-grammys

One week ago today, Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, and Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham capped off the 2014 Grammy Awards with a blitzing performance…. that was cut short in favor of a Delta Airlines commercial. But now, fans can watch the performance as it was originally intended thanks to an uncut rehearsal video (via Antiquiet). Watch the once-in-a-lifetime rock ‘n’ roll super group tear through Nine Inch Nails’ “Copy of A” and Queens of the Stone Age’s “My God Is the Sun” below.

Grammys producer apologises to Trent Reznor

2013NINEINCHNAILS_JF_0479270813

Trent Reznor

Nine Inch Nails frontman left furious after live performance interrupted by advert break

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has received an apology from the producer of the Grammy Awards.

Reznor’s band joined Queens Of The Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham for the closing slot at the event at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles on Sunday night (January 26), but their performance was cut short by the closing credits and a commercial break.

Reznor took to Twitter to blast the organizers, writing “Music’s biggest night… to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.”

However, in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, executive producer NAME says: “I’m sorry he was upset. I was really thrilled that we were finally getting him on the Grammys. The final jam started with Arcade Fire a few years ago, and LL Cool J last year. I wanted to end on a high, an up note. I did tell them we’d take it as long as we could. The number was about five, six minutes long, and we got to within a minute twenty of the end. We got as close as we could possibly get.”

Reznor has form in airing his grievances over Twitter. Ahead of their performance at Reading Festival last year, he complained that the festival promoter and headliners Biffy Clyro had “fucked us on production”.