Add two more names to the list of performers who’ve decided to cancel their concerts in Israel amid the recent Israel invasion of Gaza where thousands of civilians, including children, women, and the elderly were massacre. Already, Neil Young, the Backstreet Boys and Paul Anka had pulled out of scheduled dates in the Israel. Cee Lo Green and Megadeth have also changed their touring routes because this is not the right time to advertise and push a concert and also because Israel Defense Forces’ regional Home Front Command allows gathering of up to a thousand people only.”
Megadeth — whose frontman, Dave Mustaine, told Israel’s Mako TV just after the latest conflict began (via The Jerusalem Post), “Anyone who doesn’t come to Israel now is a coward” — canceled a scheduled August 6 show at the Tel Aviv Exhibition Center.
The thrash metal band said on its website: “Due to an inability to confirm the guaranteed passage of the band and their gear into Tel Aviv in time for the show, the upcoming Megadeth concert, scheduled for Wednesday, August 6, 2014, has been canceled.
The BoomBox Festival in Hadera, Israel, originally set for August 14 with Wyclef Jean as a headliner, has also been postponed to an unspecified date. Previously, Talib Kweli backed out of the festival, citing “solidarity with Palestinians.” Other upcoming Israel tour dates by American acts include Lana Del Rey on August 20 and Lady Gaga on September 13, both in Tel Aviv. A rep for Del Rey confirmed her show is currently “still on.”